Yes, take a hike. You want to get fit and a gym is not your thing. Well there are other things you can do and you don’t literally have to take a “climb Mt. Everest” type hike to get there.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Visit a local museum. Walk around and enjoy the exhibits. Take pictures and document your trip.
2. Go to your local zoo. Feed the animals and enjoy the day.
3. Visit a public garden in your area. Take pictures of the flora and fauna. Enjoy being outside.
4. Go to a state or federal park. Walk the nature trails. Look for things you wouldn’t normally see in your neighborhood.
5. Go to yard sales, especially neighborhood yard sales. Park your car and walk from house to house.
6. If your area has a yearly Parade of Homes (a builder’s way of showing off), visit each house in the new neighborhood.
7. Visit your downtown area. You may see something you haven’t seen before.
8. Visit historic sites. Learn about your town or state.
These are just a few ideas to get you up and moving.
See you on the good side of healthy.
BTW, this photo was taken yesterday at Bellingrath Gardens in Alabama. It is a lovely place and takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours to walk thru. That does not include a tour of the house, which I recommend at least once if you visit there.