Everyone has certain items they keep in their pantry/refrigerator to prepare meals for their families. I am no exception.
These are the items you consider necessary to prepare any and all meals, to make those meals special.
Here’s my list:
1. Potatoes – a versatile vegetable used in many recipes and as a side dish. Can be prepared numerous ways.
2. Carrots – another versatile vegetable
3. Celery – again, versatile in its uses
4. Onion – used in almost everything I prepare
5. Parsley (fresh) – 1/4 cup curly leafed parsley (leaves only) can make a dish pop with flavor
1. Diced tomatoes – great in stews, soups, chili, marinara sauce
2. Tomato paste/sauce – a must have for Italian and Mexican dishes
3. Salsa – not just for Mexican dishes
4. Creamed soups – cream of celery, chicken, mushroom, etc., make delectable gravies
5. and of course, all canned veggies
Spices (used most frequently:
1. Garlic powder
2. Chili powder
3. Cayenne powder
4. Onion powder
6. Salt and Pepper
7. Hamburger seasoning (recipe can be found on Allrecipes.com)
8. Bay leaves
These are just some of the items I make sure I have stocked well in order to create enticing dishes for my family.
What are some of your must have pantry items?