For the last few months I have been watching the TV series Revolution. It is an apocalyptic story line. It has got me to thinking…..what skill sets do I have that can be used for barter/trade? Because, you know money will be of no value, a CEO resume or salesman of the year status will be of no value. If you don’t have something, some skill set that can contribute to the survival of a small community, you may very well find yourself on the outside looking in.
Well, I did start tallying up my skills and here’s my list or at least some of it:
1. I am a nurse, although retired at this moment.
2. I can knit and crochet and sew. I understand garment construction and can produce something anyone would
be proud to wear.
3. I can make soap. Not just your melt and pour soap….the actual lye soap and I know how to get lye water from
4. I can grow vegetables. I’ve had many a small vegetable garden over the years.
5. I can also spin wool with a drop spindle.
6. I can cook from scratch (thanks Mom for your teachings)
7. I know how to make tallow candles.
8. I can fish and I can bait my own hook. Hell, I can even hunt for my own bait.
9. I can also shoot a rifle or a bow and I rarely miss my target.
10. I know how to can vegetables.
So what skill sets do you have?
hmmmm……don’t think I’d look good in buckskins and a coonskin hat. 🙂