Several months ago, I purchased some dollhouse beds, thinking I could surely use them for something crafty.
Well today I found a use for one of them…a pincushion. I made the mattress by sewing leftover honeybun strips together and making a “box”. Then I stuffed it with fiberfill and dried lavendar. Then I used embroidery thread to create tucks in the mattress. Finally I glued it to the bed and let it set for awhile.
Ta Da! Pincushion!
I had some strips from my last project and one charm pack. So I made some table runners. Got one completed (quilting and all). The other two still need to be quilted. Will probably use them as Christmas gifts.
I did get to practice free motion quilting. I have to say I don’t like the amount of thread it takes. I will probably stick with straight lines from now on and maybe an occasional decorative design.
Anyway here is the one that is completed.